Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Pout-Pout Fish

Have you read The Pout-Pout Fish yet?

FANTASTIC is Emmy's review of this rhthymic book about a fish who is always glum. The book is so fun to read and lends itself to funny voices and funny faces! The best part of the book is the refrain which Emmy loves to read with me:


"I'm a pout-pout fish
With a pout-pout face,
So I spread the dreary-wearies
All over the place.
Blub
Bluuub
Bluuuuuuub!"

Many of the fish's ocean friends have advice on how to turn his frown upside down, but it's the appearance of a mysterious female fish, who approaches silently and plants a kiss firmly on the fish's pout, that turns the dreary-wearies into the cheery-cheeries!

"Smooch, smooooch, smooooooch!"

This amusing book was written by Deborah Diesen with illustrations by Dan Hanna and is sure to be a hit with children of all ages.

Check out this short film for The Pout-Pout Fish:


And if you love it like we do, then check out the sequel -

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad Emmy liked The Pout-Pout Fish!

    Best Fishes,
    Debbie Diesen (author of The Pout-Pout Fish)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Debbie!!! I can't wait to tell Emmy that the author of The Pout-Pout Fish sent us a message. She will be so delighted! We continue to enjoy this book almost every day. Emmy will tell me "Do you want me to turn your frown upside down?" and then go into "I'm a pout-pout fish with a pout-pout face..." Thank you for your comment!

    ReplyDelete